Celebrating Mother’s Day
Mother’s Day is an occasion which is celebrated in the different parts of the world so that we can honor all the mothers . Here in the Philippines, the mother is considered as the “light of the household” that’s why it is sometimes unfair to the fathers when mothers are being valued more than them (fathers, you need not worry, there’s Father’s Day for you too ).
Have you got any ideas on how to make Mother’s Day celebration a truly wonderful and special one? The following is our short list of ideas on how to make this day extra special.
- Give your Mom a “love-letter”. Whether it’s a commercial card, a computer-generated one or you have just made it with your hands (with the help of your creative mind), it doesn’t matter, as long as you have expressed your love and gratitude towards her.
- Deliver her a breakfast-in-bed. That includes waking up earlier than your mom and cooking the breakfast for her and the whole family. Don’t forget to include your warm hugs and kisses!
- Make her take a “day-off”. A day-off from household chores and giving her a time to relax would be a great treat for her. You can also take her to a massage center, spa, or salon to complete the treat.
- Go for a surprise visit. This applies if she lives far away from you. Just be sure you have secretly coordinated your plans with someone you can trust from her neighborhood so that you’ll know if she’s at home if you paid your visit.
- Give her gifts. These gifts may range from perfumes, bags, shoes, apparels, to flowers, and even kitchen utensils. You can also make a little token for her that would bring a smile to her face. Remember, the cost of the gift doesn’t matter, it’s the thought that counts!
- And lastly, tell her how much you love her. The sweetest thing that you could do for your Mom this mother’s day is for you to say the words “I Love You”. And wouldn’t it be nicer if you say these words to your mom everyday and not only during mother’s day?
Those are just some of the tips on how you can make Mother’s Day a really special day for your mother, mom, mommy, mum, or nanay. You can still come up with other unique ideas that you can add up to this list.