Your wedding day is getting near, and you’re all prepped up for the big day! How about having a prenup first before marching down the aisle? No, we’re not talking about the prenuptial agreements here, but rather the more exciting one – prenuptial pictorial!
The prenuptial pictorial, or most commonly known as the prenup pictorial (or simply prenup), is a pictorial session of the soon-to-be wedded couples before their wedding day. This is a time on which the couple can “take a break” from the stress of the preparation for the big day and enjoy each other’s company while doing the photoshoot. Ideas for the prenup pictorial theme may come from the couple themselves or they can ask for an opinion from their chosen photographer/s.
Now, if you’ve signed up for a prenup photo session, here are some tips we have for you:
- Be creative. The prenup pictorial is your chance to demonstrate your creative ideas that could reflect your own love story. Prenup photoshoot themes may sometimes be wacky, adventurous, or may even be completely out of this world. Discuss your plans with your would-be spouse as this could be a great time for the both of you to practice in making decisions together.
- Avoid overly crowded places. Choosing a location for the shoot is the most crucial part of your prenuptial pictorial. If you have decided on having the shoot done in popular places such as city parks, theme parks or children’s playground, avoid going there on weekends. You wouldn’t want other people to spoil your romantic pictures, right?
- Get to know your photographer. It is important that you and your photographer have a good rapport. It would make it easier for you to pose and act in front of the camera if you are at ease with the one who’s behind it. Discuss your prenup pictorial plans with your photographer and ask them for their suggestions/opinions.
- Your wardrobe. This depends on what your prenup theme is. This may vary from formal dresses/tux, cosplays, out of this world costumes, summer dresses, and of course, the cute couple shirts, just like these:
- And lastly, be yourself and enjoy the experience! This is a once in a lifetime experience so enjoy every bit of it! Don’t overdo the acting in front of the camera, but rather, just be as natural as possible. Express your true emotions for each other and just let that funny and romantic moments be captured.
Have a fun-filled prenup photoshoot!